RE: creationdate format

On Friday, December 26, 1997 7:40 PM, Markus Fleck
[SMTP:fleck@informatik.uni-bonn.de] wrote:

> BTW, PEP (HTTP extension draft) mentions WebDAV in
> Section 17.1, "Client Queries Server for DAV" in
> the draft-ietf-http-pep-05.txt (expired 21 Nov 97).
> However, I could not find a link in the WebDAV drafts
> or on the web site to PEP. Is PEP obsolete?

No, PEP is not obsolete.  At the Washington, DC IETF meeting, a movement
was started to create a new HTTP Extensions (EXTEND) working group, whose
chair is Josh Cohen, and whose document editor will be Scott Lawrence.
 This working group is charged with further development of PEP, OPTIONS,
and to creation of a draft which gives do's and don'ts for extending HTTP.

The HTTP Extensions group has a mailing list. To subscribe, send a mail
containing the following:

	To: ietf-http-ext-request@w3.org
	Subject: subscribe

The group also has a web page:

	http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/ietf-ext-wg/

The WebDAV specification does not reference PEP for two reasons.  First, so
far we haven't needed the capabilities PEP offers.  Second, PEP is
currently not a stable enough document to reference from within a proposed
specification. However, I can and will put a link from the WebDAV web site
to the HTTP Extensions working group.

- Jim