RE: deadline for proposed changes

Jim,

Yes, unfortunately it is too late to submit a change to the WebDAV protocol
document prior to the December IETF meeting.  We submitted
draft-ietf-webdav-protocol-05 late on Wednesday afternoon to avoid the IETF
Internet-Draft submission deadline crunch.

The topic of ordered collections was discussed at the Design Team meeting,
and the conclusion we reached was:
a) There will be a time slot at the Washington IETF meeting for discussion
of this topic
b) It would be very helpful to have a draft proposal for ordered
collections in DAV to focus the discussion in Washington.  Even though it
is too late to submit this as an Internet-Draft before the IETF meeting,
you should still submit it to the list for discussion, and I will post any
drafts I receive on the WebDAV home page.

My apologies for not publicizing the Internet-Draft submission deadline --
in general, Internet-Drafts are not accepted for 2-3 weeks before an IETF
meeting.  The purpose of this is to ensure that drafts are submitted far
enough in advance of the meeting to ensure attendees have read the minutes.

- Jim