Re: New Requirements Draft

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Andre van der Hoek wrote:

> To help us ignorant folks out. The variant mechanism in HTTP seems to me
> from the examples you give me to have to do with language only. Is that
> correct? If so, there are many other variants out there, such as the one
> Judith gave us. Those are the variants that should be addressed.

For more information, including an example to see how this can
be implemented, please see
	http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_negotiation.html
and
	http://www.apache.org/docs/content-negotiation.html
Please note that both Apache itself (in the details of
the Apache Negotiation Algorithm) and the webmaster have
considerable freedom with regards to both server organization
(i.e. which variants have what names) and server behaviour
(i.e. what exactly is returned on a client request).
I agree with Larry that we don't want to restrict this.

Regards,	Martin.