Re: LINK support

At 12:12 PM 1/30/97 -0800, you wrote:
>... I'd
>like to have a URI such that a GET on that URI would return a
>multipart/related mesage containing those documents LINKed to a given base
>document.

Do you mean you'd like to know what other resources (documents) on the
Web contain LINKs with a destination equal to the specified URI?  If so,
what do you suggest as the scope of the search?  Just the same server?
A specified list of servers?  All servers on the Web?

If you mean that you'd like to retrieve the LINKs *stored with* the
specified URI (and therefore whose destinations are other resources)
this is much better defined, and within the scope of WEBDAV.

I'd resist the temptation to turn WEBDAV into a general distributed
database protocol :-)

-Ralph