Re: WEBDAV Security

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Well, just to calibrate:
>
>   I think from a user point of view, being able to say
> "this is public" or "this is private" for a new document
> the user has stored is far more important for DAV than
> being able to do "MOVE" or "COPY".
>
> Do you agree?

I agree.  I think both are important, from general usability,
but I personally would be most concerned with privacy issues
where applicable.  To the extent that if such mechanism for
determining public/private weren't available it would limit
what I would put in the repository.  I think most folks may
respond similarly,

-=jack=-

(This text composed by voice)