Re: Request for Comment

At 07:00 AM 10/31/96 PST, George Florentine wrote:
>Yaron Goland wrote:
>>

>> I realize that DMA is about as popular as an Electro Magnetic Pulse but
>> someone (read: NOT ME) should really go through the DMA spec,
>> http://www.aiim.org/dma/spec75/index.html, and see how well we measure up.
>
>Hey, Yaron. I wonder if it's some sort of cosmic connection that I once
>did a
>report on EMP, and I'm also the chair of the DMA Technical Committee ?
>
>In any case..
>
>I note Judy's offer to look at the DMA versioning model (and perhaps
>our containment and content models as well) and provide some comparisons
>between
>the two groups' efforts.
>
>There are lots of us on the DMA TC that subscribe to both DLs (you might
>think about the implications of that one a bit before posting subsequent
>mail about DMA :), so we'll be happy to contribute to the work that Judy
>is doing.
>
>Regards,

Thanks for the offer of help, George.  I thought the parts of the DMA spec
that will be most relevant to webdav are versioning, containment, and
perhaps content.  (Luckily, they've ruled query out of their scope.)  So
I'll try to write up something on each of those and run it by you before
distributing it more widely.

--Judy
Name:		Judith A. Slein
E-Mail:		slein@wrc.xerox.com