RE: Requirements not addressed in Prelim DAV

Thank you, Judy, for evaluating the specification against the requirements.

I agree that some extra text emphasizing what the source attribute is
useful for would be helpful.

The idea of the source attribute is that if a GET is performed on a
resource's source attribute, it lets the server know that it shouldn't
perform any processing on the resource before transmission.  It was
initially conceived as a read-only attribute.

I'm unsure whether this should only be a read-only attribute, though.
There might be some value to having a place to write where the client would
be guaranteed the server would not perform any processing on the resource
which was just PUT.

- Jim