Re: Dash rendering in paint-stroke-BE-02.svg

Glenn Randers-Pehrson wrote:

> Is this list still alive?

Yes, though it is a one-way drop box of comments and thus is not
sustained by active debate.

> It seems to be 100% SPAM since the end of July.

There seems to have been a huge increase in spam to al w3c lists - I
don't know why. But we can't close the list to subscribers only, or we
would miss the actual real posts when someone wants to comment on the
test suite.

> Anyhow, the test case
> paint-stroke-be-02.svg has a dash array of "5, 5".  However if you measure
> the pixels in the accompanying PNG image the upper dash is 6 pixels and the
> gaps are 2 pixels, and the lower dash has length 5 and gap 3.  Both are
> supposed to have width 3 according to the svg source, but it appears that
> the upper one has width 4 and the lower one width 2.

This seems to be due to anti-aliasing effects. The test should probably
require the user to zoom in, and the reference PNG should probably show
the zoomed-in state as well.

> The comment in the *.svg says the demo is 10,5, but in the source it's
> 5,5.  The accompanying XML also says the dash should be on for 10, off
> for 5.
>
> Is the paint-stroke-BE-02.png render from the Test Suite 1.0 an
> incorrect rendering, and are the comments and the xml out of sync
> with the svg?

Will check. Thanks for reporting this.

--
Chris