Re: On the new header style

Hi Fuqiao,

Clearly there are two communities that each have their reasons why they want the headers expanded or not by default…

> On 9 Oct 2021, at 06:49, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org> wrote:
>
> IMHO we should expand the header by default, for the same reason as fantasai said in https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues/145 . However, I also agree that "More details about this document" is a bit strange as a label and can be refined.
>
> In https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/blob/f9ca8610cd4828b9fd749befff6a9d9216bcabcf/p2021mockup/fixup.js#L10-L17 I see that the preference seems to be saved in the localStorage.

what does that mean for us mere mortals? Does it mean that, by some magic, I can register my local preference? (I do not see this now.) This would, obviously, be a good solution.

Ivan

----