Re: Request for feedback on the /TR redesign prototypes

> On 23 Jul 2021, at 15:58, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> How are the families sorted in the list results? It's not obvious looking at the view of all specifications - maybe by descending date of most recent publication plus some other secondary key? Is some option to allow the sort key and direction to be changed a feature on the roadmap?

The family with the most recent specification comes first and the specifications are then sorted by date within each family.
That’s something we can revise if we find that another sorting order is more useful
I agree we need to provide more details on how the results are sorted.

Studio 24 recommended to choose one sorting order and stick to it for simplicity.

> What information is indexed to provide results for the (non-advanced) search box? For example, if you put a family name
> into the search box is the expectation that it would work to show you the specs in that family?

The search box check both matching family names and specification titles. We plan to add an autocomplete feature that
can help the different users find the right specification.

Thank you for your questions!

Denis