Re: [echidna] token limitation to travis-ci and GitHub actions only starting from Feb 1, 20201

Hi,

The new version of Echidna has now been deployed.
As of today, the publication token is no longer linked to a
"source" but Echidna will check that the requests are coming
from travis-ci or GitHub Actions. This will allow the
publication of specifications even if they are not
publicly available on the web, and without exposing the W3C
credentials in a CI configuration.

If you are already using travis or GitHub actions to publish
your documents, you don't have anything to do. Similarly,
bikeshed command [1] should still work as before.

The only persons who will be affected by that update are
the ones submitting manual requests with a token. In this
case, they will have to switch to the tar method and
provide their W3C credentials instead of relying on the token.
If you have trouble switching methods, feel free to send
me an email and I'll help you.

I have also updated the echidna wiki [2] to describe the
changes so if something is not clear, let me know.

Regards,

Denis

[1] https://tabatkins.github.io/bikeshed/#cli-echidna
[2] https://github.com/w3c/echidna/wiki