Version numbers

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 07:48:21 -0500
To: spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
I was asked for clarifications about version numbers in the past 2
months [1].

My pull request to solve this is now at:
  https://github.com/w3c/manual-of-style/pull/13

Note that we're only encouraging this approach and not mandating. If
folks are interested, we could implement a warning into pubrules to help
remind folks about this.

Unless additional comments are received, I'd like to
merge this into the manual of style (and yes, I did notice that some of
the other unrelated guidance aren't followed and need to be removed).

Philippe

[1] https://github.com/w3c/manual-of-style/issues/11