Reminder: Diversity Fund

From: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 16:30:11 +1000
To: Spec Prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
Hi All,
Just a reminder to member companies and individual Editors to consider supporting the W3C's TPAC Diversity fund.

You can read about the goals here:
https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/06/diversity-at-w3c-2019-update-launch-of-tpac-diversity-fund/ <https://www.w3.org/blog/2019/06/diversity-at-w3c-2019-update-launch-of-tpac-diversity-fund/>

We've already received a bunch of great applications from around the world, but getting people to TPAC is by no means cheap: it costs around ~US$1500-$2500 per person for flights and hotels, so your contributions really help!

If for whatever reason you can't get your company to sponsor the effort, but you'd like to sponsor as an individual, please email diversity@w3.org <mailto:diversity@w3.org> and we can help you get set up.

If you'd like to apply for funding, please see:
https://www.w3.org/community/idcg/2019/05/27/applications-open-for-tpac-2019-diversity-fund/ <https://www.w3.org/community/idcg/2019/05/27/applications-open-for-tpac-2019-diversity-fund/>

Let's make the "World Wide" part of W3C a reality! :)

Looking forward to see you all at TPAC - with hopefully lots of new faces,
Marcos