Re: Case-sensitive <dfn> in ReSpec

Hi Martynas,

On December 21, 2016 at 11:15:57 PM, Martynas Jusevičius
(martynas@atomgraph.com) wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have two term definitions that differ in case:
>
> Method - a set
> method - a set function
>
> When I reference them using Method and method, the
> generated link always leads to the first definition.
>
> Why is the matching case-insensitive?
>
> And can I work around it somehow by adding explicit IDs? E.g. > id="method-set">Method, but I couldn't find an attribute that
> references @id.

you can disambiguate them by using dot notation:

<a>Interface.method</a>

You can also use:

<a data-link-for="Interface">method</method>

Or, even:

<a data-lt="Interface.method">method</method>

There are also some handy hints here:
https://github.com/w3c/respec/wiki/WebIDL-Guide