Feature request: automatic namespace tables

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:35:31 +0100
To: spec-prod@w3.org
This is something I can have a go at myself as a standalone script but
my skills are well below what's required to offer new code for ReSpec so
I'll test the water here and see what the reaction is.

Lots of our documents include tables of namespaces used, like
https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-duv/#namespaces-1

It would be really cool if those tables could be created automatically,
perhaps by searching through the doc for /[az]+:[azAZ_]/ and then
processing them. There's an online service, prefix.cc, that has all the
common prefixes used and presumably we could add in unusual ones in much
the same way we do for references.

Any takers? (please!)

Phil.

--