Automatic notification of TR publications

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 16:24:00 +0100
To: chairs@w3.org, spec-prod@w3.org, w3c-tools@w3.org
Hi,

As annonced a few weeks ago, the W3C System Team has started providing
programmatic notifications of new publications of Technical Reports:
  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/2016JanMar/0026.html

Given that technical reports can nowadays be published either after
request to the W3C Webmaster, or automatically via Echidna, it might be
difficult for some groups to be kept aware of which drafts have recently
been published as official W3C technical reports.

To facilitate this tracking, I have added support for these new
notifications to my "github-notify-ml" tool that some groups are already
using to keep abreast of the activity on their github repositories.
  https://github.com/dontcallmedom/github-notify-ml/

What this mean in practice is that you can ask to have an email sent to
a given email address anytime a given TR document (identified by its
"latest URL") gets published.

To make use of that feature, the ideal path is using the documentation
at https://github.com/dontcallmedom/github-notify-ml/ to make a pull
request against https://github.com/w3c/github-notify-ml-config ;
otherwise, I'm happy to provide assistance (I'll need the email address
that needs to be notified, and the latest version URL of the TR document
that needs to be tracked).

Dom