Re: Automatic publication: added support for TAR uploading

From: Antonio Olmo Titos <antonio@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 14:24:34 +0900
To: Spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>
Cc: Denis <denis@w3.org>, Philippe <plh@w3.org>
On 19/01/16 Antonio wrote:
> The most important improvement is the ability to accept TAR files
> directly for publishing -- not only a URL for them.
> So, you can now either pass along the URL to a spec/manifest/TAR:
> $ curl 'https://labs.w3.org/echidna/api/request' --data
> 'url=https://foo.bar/spec.tar&decision=<decisionUrl>&token=<token>'
> ...or include that TAR itself with your publication request:
> $ curl 'https://labs.w3.org/echidna/api/request' -F
> "tar=@/some/path/spec.tar" -F "decision=<decisionUrl>" -F "token=<token>"
> We hope you find this useful! And looking forward to your suggestions :)

A heads-up about TAR-uploading to Echidna:

If you are one of the users who expressed interest in that feature, then you probably know about this already.
If not, please be aware that there is an issue preventing us from accepting TAR files directly.
(It has to do with not having a "source" URL associated to the token, that Echidna can check.)
https://github.com/w3c/echidna/issues/252

We are working with the people who planned to use TAR-upload, to either find a workaround or offer them an alternative way to publish their specs.
If you were looking at publishing this way too, and we have not talked to you already, please contact us :)

--
Antonio Olmo Titos
  web developer, W3C