Re: Deprecating the old pubrules on Aug 1st, 2016

Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io>, 2016-06-02 10:50 -0500:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org> wrote:
>
> > Shane McCarron <shane@spec-ops.io>, 2016-06-02 10:22 -0500:
> > http://www.w3.org/mid/CAJdbnOC4PycuM4LJQVMqKHVNh4gJ0sFhGs1JuouXmP3Y5UXhag@mail.gmail.com

> > > Does the validator have a mode that only permits W3C-approved HTML5?
> >
> > The https://validator.w3.org/nu/ checker implements W3C-conforming checks
> > in any cases where the W3C HTML fork states requirements that differ from
> > the upstream HTML spec
> >

> Good to know.   What about "extensions" that W3C has approved (e.g.,
> longdesc)

The W3C HTML checker supports longdesc

> or things in the WhatWG version that are not in the W3C version
> (e.g., microdata)?

schema.org supports (and even promotes) the use of microdata, and many
authors and orgs are using it producively. I hope you’re not suggesting it
would be a good idea to start having the W3C HTML checker flag errors in
the millions of schema.org-conforming documents containing microdata that
authors have created based on the schema.org guidelines

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike