Re: Pubrules: Use https for /TR documents

On 05/10/2016 10:22 AM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On 05/10/2016 02:18 AM, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
>> On 2016/05/10 01:19, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
>>
>>> we had requests to use https in the /TR documents for quite sometime now
>>> so here is a proposal.
>>>
>>> Timeline:
>>>
>>> The current target for deployment is July 1st, to give enough time for
>>> folks to comment and tools to adapt.
>>
>> As far as I understand the proposal below, there's no plan for something
>> like a grace period. Why not? Or did I misunderstand?
>
> A grace period here means that links like "this version" can no longer
> be determined to be https or not just based on the date since it will
> depend on what the editor used. This might make things significantly
> harder on the infrastructure and the current dev priority is to retire
> the old pubrules tool by the end of July. I'll have to check with the
> webmaster on that front to make sure I understand things well. An other
> approach here would be to bundle the https at the end of July as well
> but some folks have been patiently waiting for https to happen.

/me me, and the WebAppSec WG, who have been working hard to make HTTPS
more usable and more widespread, and would like to use HTTPS as the
canonical reference for that work.

Thanks!
--Wendy

> Philippe

Policy Counsel and Domain Lead, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
https://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)