Re: bikeshed update error...

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 5:12 PM, Hodges, Jeff <jeff.hodges@paypal.com> wrote:
> i attempted to update bikeshed and garnered this..
>
>> sudo bikeshed update
> Downloading anchor data...
> Success!
> Downloading biblio data...
> FATAL ERROR: Couldn't download the biblio data.
> <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed
> (_ssl.c:590)>
>
> ..and I'm unsure how to debug and resolve.... any help appreciated, eg what
> are the URL(s) it is attempting to dereference?

The two urls it hits during a biblio update are
<https://specref.herokuapp.com/bibrefs> and
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/master/biblio.ref>.

Since you told me in a private mail you're running OSX, you might be
running into this: <http://stackoverflow.com/a/30209998/58347> - that
SO answer describes a solution.  If that doesn't work,
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27804710/python-urllib2-ssl-error>
seems to go into more depth; it sounds like this might be fixed in
OpenSSL 1.0.2 (the current LTS)?

If more people hit this I'll have to try and figure out how to update
the OSX install instructions when I don't own any such devices. :/

~TJ