Re: New publication workflow: Echidna 1.2.0, Specberus 1.1.0

On 02/06/15 Steve wrote:
> http://w3c.github.io/aria-in-html/
> note: there is also the complication of it being jointly published by
> 2 working groups, I don't know if that matters?
> thanks!

Hi, Steve and Marcos

The automatic publication system (Echidna) supports only ordinary WDs at
the moment. We have discussed the need  to extend support for other
types of specs, but we are not ready yet; there are quite a few rough
edges with WDs [1; reference for the team].

One of those edges is joint publication — I'm afraid the system can't
handle "special cases" like those yet.

The pubrules checker (Specberus) [2], on the other hand, understands
other types of documents. I just used it to check your WG-NOTE, and it
found only one error in it [3]. (Specberus expects the PP paragraph to
contain "This document is informative only. " [4]. This might be a bug
in the way Specberus detects the "informative-only" nature of specs,
though. There are discussions around that [5].)

(Needless to say, you are more than welcome to fork Echidna and
contribute starting to add support for other types of specs, or special
cases like joint publication... O:)

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Team/w3t-sys/2015MarApr/thread.html#msg313
[2] https://labs.w3.org/pubrules/
[3]
https://labs.w3.org/pubrules/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flabs.w3.org%2Fspec-generator%2F%3Ftype%3Drespec%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fw3c.github.io%2Faria-in-html%2F%3FspecStatus%3DWG-NOTE%3BshortName%3Daria-in-html&profile=WG-NOTE&validation=simple-validation&noRecTrack=false&informativeOnly=true&echidnaReady=false&patentPolicy=pp2004&processDocument=2014
[4] https://github.com/w3c/specberus/blob/master/lib/rules/sotd/pp.js#L18
[5] https://github.com/w3c/specberus/issues/143

--
Antonio Olmo Titos