Re: Updating our /TR stylesheets

Separation between style and content--which incidentally is how I heard
about Web standards even before I had published (or should I say authored?)
my first Web page--should let us change styles without affecting any of the
legal requirements we have or what am I missing? Frankly, if, as a
standards boy, we write technology for separation of content and style,
promote it as a best practice, then not apply it to the documents we
publish, I find we just loose credibility.

If there are rules in place that make it impossible to change the style of
already published documents (which seems bizarre, I've never heard someone
claiming a Comic Sans version of the constitution diverges from the
original text), can we just freeze pre 2015 specs, then change those rules
and shift to a continuously deployed solution for new specs?

I mean, I applaud trying to find creative solutions to this problem that
has been going on for years, but this feels about the same as
administration's website that aren't available outside of office hours
(yes, this exists).

That said, any solution is better than the current status quo, so if that's
the only way through, let's continue looking outdated but at least, let's
move forward.

With mixed feelings,

--tobie