Re: Various respec enhancements ...

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Shane McCarron <shane@aptest.com> wrote:
> Does specref even really support cross-linking?  Or maybe you are using the
> term differently than I do?
>
> SpecRef is just a database of bibliographic references.  I suppose it would
> be possible to reference items within the other documents (e.g.,
> [MyOtherSpec#fragment] but I don't think we do anything like that today.

Check out the README <https://github.com/tobie/specref/> - it's mainly
for bibliographic refs, yes, but it also supports cross-refs, by
serving as a repository of terms and urls.

> FWIW the PFWG is going to have a requirement for this sort of thing sooner
> than later.  So yes, it would be great if we could settle on a syntax.

I think everyone has a requirement for good cross-refs; it's
super-annoying to ref other specs yourself, so it happens far less
than it should.

~TJ