Re: ReSpec toolchain...

On July 14, 2014 at 4:44:28 PM, Shane McCarron (shane@aptest.com) wrote:
> > Thanks Marcos. This info is helpful. I'm wondering if this can
> be done with a
> bash script in .git/hooks/post-commit? It would most likely
> have to be
> customized for each editors particular environment, but it
> might be a start.
> I'm not sure how to automate the publishing of a snapshot from
> respec. Anyone?
> Is Phantom JS the only method?

I can't think of any other way to do it (easily). You need some way of getting phantom to spit out the generated markup to disk. I know it has a way of doing that - but you would need to automate the generation process (ie. emulate the clicking on the respec pill, etc.). There should be an API in respec itself to generate the output automatically, which you could use to replace the contents of the window. I'm just speculating tho.

--
Marcos Caceres