Re: ReSpec toolchain...

Actually  yes - it is like arguing that.  Our specs need to work offline,
on devices that are basically static.  ePub.  Think about the printers that
support printing data from URIs.  They don't support javascript.  See the
XHTML Print spec for the origins of this technology, although it has gone a
long way since then.

I appreciate your zeal.  But just because we *can* do a thing does not me
we *should*.  It is great that ReSpec helps us create better, more
consistent specs that are more likely to pass pubules.  It is even greater
that it automatically adds things to help with accessibility of our specs,
semantic evaluation of our specs, etc.   It is a tool.  It is not an
end-user delivery vehicle for our specs.  And it shouldn't be.