Re: respec leaving in script links?

Hi Sandro,

On 01/11/2013 19:52 , Sandro Hawke wrote:
> I view the editor's draft [1] in firefox, click on the respec button
> [which is awesome], select save as HTML, save, and the result includes
> this bit:
>
> <script
> src="https://raw.github.com/darobin/respec/gh-pages/js/ui/save-html.js"
> data-requiremodule="ui/save-html" data-requirecontext="_" async=""
> charset="utf-8" type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> ... which doesn't seem right.     (I can't think of any reason any JS
> should be left in the saved html.)
>
> Is it safe to remove that bit?  Is it okay to leave it?   (in a CR.)

Yes it is safe to remove it, and while leaving it in shouldn't do
anything bad beyond loading a useless script it's better removed.

There was a bug under some conditions in which the dynamically loaded
module triggered by the UI didn't properly remove itself. It's now fixed.

As a side note, I see that in your draft's source you include:

<!--[if lt IE 9]>
   <script src="http://www.w3.org/2008/site/js/html5shiv.js"></script>
<![endif]-->

which is the magic shim that makes new HTML elements behave well in
older IEs. There's no need for you to do that, ReSpec automatically adds
it for you. Because of that, you have the shim twice in your output
(which is harmless, but unnecessary).