Re: Some thoughts on a new publication approach

On 29/10/2013 16:17 , Simon Sapin wrote:
> Ideally, each spec would have a link to a web-browsable view of its
> source repository, where every revision ever published can be viewed and
> the files served with a proper Content-Type header.

Yes. I think that if we transition to the proposed approach, we can make
that happen too. But I don't want it to be a blocker because I don't
think that full browsability from the W3C side is required for v0.
(There are also resource issues to consider, a spider going through all
the history of a long and complex draft would likely use up
non-negligible resources.)

> For example:
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/raw-file/db9b855680ef/css-syntax/Overview.html
>
> Richard, would that help?
>
> Admittedly, this needs to be more discoverable. Also, unfortunately,
> GitHub insist of sending everything as text/plain for its "raw" view.
> http://rawgithub.com/ helps, but we may want something more robust.

Right, for the time being we can rely on existing stuff.