Re: ReSpec suggestion: Update the template - and the spec

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:50:35 +0100
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
CC: spec-prod@w3.org
Hi Leif,

On 05/03/2013 19:36 , Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>     The ReSpec documentation says: [1] “You can upgrade now by replacing
> whichever way you're referencing ReSpec with: <script
> src='http://www.w3.org/Tools/respec/respec-w3c-common' class='remove'
> async></script>”.
>
>     The documentation also recommends, one place[2] - or two (or more),
> to look at the template in order to understand how ReSpec works.
> However, the template - [3] is not upgraded to the latest version ...

Yes, I'm well aware that the documentation has over time become the weak
spot in ReSpec. It used to be both complete and accurate; nowadays the
vast majority of it is still okay (since we're pretty much backwards
compatible all the way) but new things are missing and there are some
outdated bits.

I'm short on time though, so I don't expect to get around to improving
it before summer. It's an open source project though :)

> PS: While we are at it, and since you plan to limit output to polyglot
> HTML5[4] (something I think is supercool!), please represent the @async
> attribute in a XML well-formed  way: async="" or async="async". This
> goes both for the spec/documentation and for the template.

Just to be clear, I don't plan to limit the output to polyglot. I plan
to keep the HTML output as it is today, and to replace the XHTML output
with polyglot.