Re: Update on the publication process project

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:19:33 +0200
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>, Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>, Denis Ah-Kang <denis@w3.org>
On 20/05/2013 18:08 , Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Regarding generating a new /TR page, it appeared clearly at TPAC that
> the current version wasn't being used much by the W3C experts, mainly
> due to its painful interface. Even if it is dangerous to extrapolate
> from just one single session, I suspect that the feeling is relatively
> general in W3C. The old /TR page was a simple list of the documents but
> was getting quite long. My thinking has been that we may need a simple
> TR page for the W3C community, which allows fast search/navigation, and
> a more complex one for the Web at large.

One thing that I recall was brought up during the TPAC session (but I
forget who said it) was that it would be useful to have some JSON dump
of the TR information so that people could write their own interfaces. I
forget if what came out was that that dump already existed but people
didn't know where to find it, or if it wasn't but was easy to generate,
but I recall (dimly) that there was general agreement that it could be
useful (especially if CORS-accessible).