Re: Publication of specifications as HTML5

On a very high level, the two statements "Can't we publish specs as
HTML5 to use and showcase our technology" and "HTML5 will go to REC in
10 years" expose an important conflict.

A solution may be to cut HTML5 into smaller pieces, so that what's
deemed to be really stable can go to REC now (or at least in 2012), and
more advanced stuff can follow as soon as it's ready.

That would also help fend off the "HTML5 isn't done yet" argument in the
mobile apps war and other battlegrounds.

Just a thought.   Regards,   Martin.