Re: [ReSpec] dated versions of works in progress

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 12:31 +0200, Robin Berjon wrote:
[...]
> Referring to EDs is IMHO in general a poor practice,

Quite.

>  and HTML5 is pretty much the only case in which I think that it is
> really justified (because the heartbeats are typically behind enough
> that it's worth it). So maybe we don't need a general rule,
> just a decision on how to refer to HTML5 as it progresses. I'm
> fine with removing the date, don't feel very strongly about it.

I suggest
 (a) citing the most recent /TR/ publication (i.e. WD of HTML 5)
 (b) noting an editor's draft as an expected future direction.

> I'll note that this isn't so much a ReSpec question as a general
> question about how to maintain references in W3C specifications.

I think I saw, in the ReSpec source code, its own bibliography
of W3C specs. Why is that?

Does the bibliography generator not suffice for some reason?
http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr-biblio-ui

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E