Re: TR report with more open license

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 20:03 +0200, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 16:58 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> >> For the authoring note the HTML WG is developing the WG would like to use
> >> a more open license (MIT license comes to mind), so that the document text
> >> can be reused by software projects, such as the HTML5 validator, and
> >> elsewhere. Do any guidelines need to be changed or is doing such a thing
> >> just a matter of overruling pubrules?
> >
> > We've begun discussions in the Team on this. Please allow some time
> > for us to converge.
>
> Has there been any further progress on this issue?

Hi Lachlan,

We've got a proposal out to the W3C Advisory Committee. If you've
got member access, see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0050.html

We've asked for feedback before 5 May. I hope we'll have a license
package available shortly thereafter.

 _ Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447