Re: Tools to revive an old-ish TR and convert it to an RFC?

Thomas Roessler schrieb:
> - Assuming we'd go for xmlspec, is there any existing tooling that
>   would lend itself to easily producing an RFC out of this, e.g. by
>   transforming xmlspec into the format defined in the latest
>   draft-mrose-writing-rfcs [2], and then using the tools that are
>   common in the IETF?

I have an XSLT that does (large parts of) the other direction
(RFC2629->xmlspec). From that experience, it's probably simple to
implement *something* that transforms most of the format, but you'll
need to keep in mind that both formats are not equally expressive, and
that the IETF output format still needs to be readable in plain ASCII,
so you may have to massage the input file as well.

Best regards, Julian

P.S.: I can help with doing this, if you choose to go this way.