Re: Spec XML and the Java 5 XSLT processor

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 18:28 -0500, John Boyer wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Double D'oh!  I only spared the full details, not *all* of the
> details.  There was quite enough detail to prove the point for which I
> was sparing the reader the full details.

OK, I guess I was reading too fast.

I was looking for something that said "type this, and you'll
see the problem". I suppose we have that now, for folks
that regularly use Java. I'm not yet able to reproduce
the problem.

> I am doing a dead simple use of the jaxp interface.

I have zero experience with jaxp, so even a dead simple use
is going to take me a while to get my head around.

> Once compiled, I call it like this:
>
> java applyXSLT -IN index.xml -XSL diffspec.xsl -PARAM show.diff.markup
> 0 -OUT test-index-all.html
> java applyXSLT -IN index.xml -XSL diffspec.xsl -PARAM show.diff.markup
> 1 -OUT test-index-diff.html

Just to put my ignorance in full view, I tried that and failed thusly...

$ java applyXSLT -IN index.xml -XSL diffspec.xsl -PARAM show.diff.markup
0 -OUT test-index-all.htm
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: applyXSLT

I guessed that's because I haven't compiled it, so I guessed
at how to compile it and failed...

$ javac applyXSLT.java
bash: javac: command not found

So I'll have to remember how to get java going on this debian
linux machine, I guess. Or maybe I'll try it on my Mac laptop.

Here's hoping... and bonus points to anybody who beats me to it...

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E