Re: New XML Spec release

Hello Norm,

Many thanks for all your work.

At 13:43 03/07/11 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I published a new release of XML Spec today. Version 2.5 adds
>preverrataloc and translationloc to the header as well as rfc2119 to
>the inlines.

Great. Please note that mainly due to the great work of Ivan Herman,
we now have an integrated, RDF-based system for translations. As
a consequence, the translations for e.g. the XML Recommendation can
simply be found at:
http://www.w3.org/2003/03/Translations/OverviewTech.html#REC-xml

Some parts of this system are still under development, in particular
we want to have a way to keep track of volunteers (people interested
in collaborating on a translation and people who have started a
translation), and want to make it possible to submit translations
with a form.
Because of this, many specifications still (also) keep their
own, hand-managed translations page. But we expect that their
number will become smaller and smaller.
What I'm wondering now is whether there is any way to make
this link to the translation page (semi)-automatic, i.e. by
extracting the relevant piece from the 'latest version' link.

Regards,    Martin.