RE: anchors in W3C specs

I believe it is also the case that where Netscape 4x would display alt text
as a tooltip, but not title text, Netscape 6x displays title text in the
tooltip, but not alt text.  Do people think we should (on practical grounds)
apply the same text to both alt and title elements, or is it better practise
to wean people off the idea that alt text will appear in a tooltip?

RI

Richard Ishida
Globalisation Consultant,
International Document & User Interface Design
Xerox GKLS
tel: +44 1707 353395 (Voicemail always available)
http://www.xerox-emea.com/globaldesign/