Re: Extra table markup (was Re: BOF meeting to discuss XHTML and spec-prod at the W3C working group event at the end of February?)

At 05:24 PM 1/17/01 +0700, Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> was heard to say:
>| The DTD has
>|
>|         rowspan         NMTOKEN         "1"
>
>Ugh. That looks unnecessary. Eve, did you have a specific reason for
>not making this #IMPLIED?

I probably inherited it from some HTML table fragment somewhere.  I have
tried to have as little to do with the table definitions as possible.
:-)  I'd be happy to change it; consider this officially requested.

         Eve
--
Eve Maler                                          +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Center    eve.maler @ east.sun.com