Re: Process for editing together

The writeup seems quite specific to WAI, but I still think it's good to
document such things.  I agree with pretty much all of the general advice,
except that on occasion I have inserted "candidate wording" into a spec
(marking it as such) so that my group could see it in context.

One thing we started doing in the Linking group during periods of high
activity was to send out weekly drafts showing the decisions made the
previous week, along with a "diff" version generated by a process that
compares the old and new XML, and sets the diff attributes (which get used
by the diffspec stylesheet to produce change bars).  Norm did the
comparison tool; I haven't been able to get it running myself, but he was
kind enough to run it for me.

         Eve

--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com