Re: Thoughts and question about spec-DTD and stylesheets for translated specs

"Eve L. Maler" wrote:

> Hello Stefan,
>
> At 11:35 AM 11/17/00 +0100, Stefan Mintert wrote:
> >1) Separate annotations from specs and use XLink to link both together
>
> For future reference, note that support is being built into Amaya that
> allows for the creation of third-party annotations using RDF and
> XPointer.  The only catch is that you don't have a choice of browsers when
> creating or viewing the annotations!

I hope/expect we can address that presently... the
communication between Amaya and the annotation DB is
just HTTP, and any browser could support it.

In particular, I hope we can hook into the "what's related"
feature of Netscape (and the analog in IE) to at
least list/find annotations, and probably to add them too.

See also: http://crit.org/ for a "live within the constraints
of current browsers" approach. I hope/expect we can
share annotation databases between the Amaya-based client
and a crit.org-like client.