Re: spec-DTD for non-normative annotations?

Hello Eve and Stefan,

We have an on-going annotation experiment with Amaya that may answer your
needs. It allows you to annotate any document (we're using XLink and
XPointer to specify the endpoints of the annotation), store the annotations in
a generic RDF database, and then merge them into the document again. You
can declare one or more databases or also use local annotations, without
the overhead of the database.We demoed the system at the Semantic Web
track of WWW9's developper's day.

We expect to ship a first version of the system in the October release
of Amaya. The server code will also be available.

Cheers,

-Jose