Re: [Moderator Action] A link to, must be, 1st edition of XML «1.0» Specification is not present on the page.

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 14:59 , Cyril <cyril2@mail.ru> wrote:
>
> On the page «https://www.w3.org/standards/techs/xml, I had not found a link to a probably 1st edition of XML specification («http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210). While I am finding this edition easier to understand for novices than its next ones. (These days I started to read the specifications on XML thoughtfully because of SVG file format. Before this, HTML was completely enough for me.)

Dear Cyril,

The page https://www.w3.org/standards/techs/xml only lists the last versions of the specs.
In the case of the XML 1.0 specification, only the 5th edition appears.
If you wish to navigate to the past editions, including the first, click "2008-11-26” and you will be led to the 1998 version.

Kind regards,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org