Re: Community Groups: publishing 2d draft of a report

On Aug 3, 2013, at 7:27 AM, Florent Georges <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I hope this is the right place to ask questions about the
> process for Community Groups (the address site-comments@w3.org
> looks a bit weird to me for that purpose, but this is the only
> one mentioned on the Community Groups website, e.g. on [1]).
>
>  The EXPath CG [2] has just published a new version of the draft
> report for its Binary Module [3] ([4] for the latest version).
> The first version of the same draft is at [5].  It was published
> by using the link "publish new and final reports".
>
>  I have just published the 2d version using the same link, but
> now I have both versions appearing on the report list (at the top
> of [2]).  I would expect to have only the latest version to be
> listed, or to have them grouped by report, each of them having
> several versions.
>
>  I looked at the CG FAQ, especially the section on reports [6],
> but could not find any information about what to do with non-new,
> non-final version of reports (like in this case, a non-final 2d
> version of the draft).
>
>  How are we supposed to publish such intermediary versions?

Hi Florent,

The CG publication model is that the URI that is published is that of the latest version. Therefore,
the expectation is that you republish in place. Many groups prefer pointing to a wiki or a mercurial
repository or a WordPress page, and simply modifying their spec in place.

If this is not clear enough in the UI for publishing, I will clarify when I return from vacation. At that time
we can also remove the duplicate entry from the database.

Ian

>  Regards,
>
> --
> Florent Georges
> http://fgeorges.org/
> http://h2oconsulting.be/
>
> [1] http://w3.org/community/about/faq/
> [2] http://w3.org/community/expath/
> [3] http://expath.org/spec/binary/20130731
> [4] http://expath.org/spec/binary
> [5] http://expath.org/spec/binary/20130312
> [6] http://w3.org/community/about/faq/#reports

Tel:                                          +1 718 260 9447