Re: CG Report Requirements: inconsistencies?

On 9 May 2012, at 6:15 AM, Florent Georges wrote:

>  Hi,

Hi Florent,

Thanks for writing with this question.

>  As per http://www.w3.org/community/reports/reqs/, sections
> "Copyright" and "Boilerplate", a CG specification must contain both
> the following paragraphs at the top:
>
>    Copyright © 2009-2012 Florent Georges, published by the EXPath
>    Community Group under the W3C Community Contributor License
>    Agreement (CLA). A human-readable summary is available.
>
>    This specification was published by the EXPath Community Group. It
>    is not a W3C Standard nor is it on the W3C Standards Track. Please
>    note that under the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement
>    (CLA) there is a limited opt-out and other conditions apply. Learn
>    more about W3C Community and Business Groups.
>
>  Some of the content is the same, and the second paragraph refers to
> CLA while the first one refers once to CLA (for drafts) and once to
> FSA (for final specs).

Good catch! I have updated the requirements to include the appropriate boilerplate for final specs.

>  Looks to me like they could be merged (adapting CLA/FSA):
>
>    Copyright © 2009-2012 Florent Georges, published by the EXPath
>    Community Group under the W3C Community Contributor License
>    Agreement (CLA). A human-readable summary is available.  This
>    specification is not a W3C Standard nor is it on the W3C Standards
>    Track. Please note that under the CLA there is a limited opt-out
>    and other conditions apply. Learn more about W3C Community and
>    Business Groups.

I don't object if they are merged, but I don't think I would recommend it. In the future I expect to have stylesheets available for tech reports and those are likely to keep them separate.

Thanks again,

Ian