Re: declarative 3d community group website questions, POC

On 22 Nov 2011, at 10:35 AM, Don Brutzman wrote:

> Hi Ian, it was good to see you and the rest of the Team in Santa Clara.
> Thanks for your many efforts.

Hi Don!

> As you know, the Declarative 3D Community Group is working in a manner
> that can eventually be approved to become a Working Group.  The question
> arose in today's weekly call about long-term viability of the website
> and wiki.  Specifically, if this group did evolve into a working group
> next year, would the site pages be or redirectable as appropriate?
> I would assume that this is an easy future task for the W3C systems
> management team, but am just hoping to confirm.

We have thought about, but not yet done, a transition from CG to WG.

If the CG closes, then I could see reusing the mailing lists in the WG. If the CG remains open, then I would recommend a new list for the WG.

I would not recommend reusing the CG home page for the WG; that would be confusing. As usual, the Team contact for the future WG would help set up the new home page.

I also would not reuse the wiki but would copy the material from the CG wiki to the WG wiki (leaving the CG wiki intact for historical purposes and to avoid confusion).

We can, of course, set up pointers to that people who land on the CG site know to look instead at the WG site.

I suggest continuing to use site-comments@w3.org if that works for you.l

For technical questions of that sort, I suggest sysreq@w3.org.

>  The most relevant address
> that I found on the W3C Contact page was site-comments@w3.org (cc:ed).