Re: About the usage of a logo

Hello,

As you see, my goal is to provide a link to the official validator as a "confirmation" to the data I present on the page.

To do well, I wanted to use an official logo/icon wich indicates that the destination is the W3C. I see 3 possibilities :
 - on one hand, I just put a link named like "Go see the data on the official W3C Validator", but it's a little bit long and not friendly/esthetic
 - on the other, you advice me on which official logo/icon to use or if you can povide me another logo/icon which could suit this usage/goal
 - on th "last" hand, I create a personal logo/icon which will certainly be less attractive or significant as my skills in graphic are meaningless lol

Tell me what suits you the best.

Best regards
Mikaël DELSOL

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

On 9 May 2011, at 7:31 AM, Mikaël DELSOL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I juste launched a new website located here : http://www.w3c-html-validator..com/. You'll find every information about this website on the homepage.
>
> What I want to know is if the usage of the logo at this kind of page : http://www.w3c-html-validator.com/Validate-a-webpage/www.750g.com/root si OK for you and if it respects the rules of usage for this icon.
>
> Any way, let me know if you have any questions or suggestions, I'll be glade.

Hello Mikael,

Thank you for writing. I have a number of concerns about your use of "w3c", including the domain name and the title of the sample page.

Please do not use the W3C name and logo for this service, which I believe is likely to cause confusion.

I am happy to discuss alternative with you.

Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications