Re: small visual bugs

On 24 Mar 2009, at 8:50 AM, Sorin Stefan wrote:

> Hi,
> Here's my small feedback:

Hi Sorin,

Thank you for comments!

> 1. When moving news items left/right the date is shown above the
> gray buttons/arrows. Tested with FF3.0.7
> (see attach bug1.jpg)
>
> 2. The same pagination of the news items is not that intuitive. Why
> is there a "1" in there. What does it mean and why is not changing
> to "2" when slides to the second item. Looks like a pagination but
> doesn't quite feels like one :)

For your first two points, I think we will resolve that by removing the
news animation and replacing it with something simpler.

> 3. Main menu (STANDARDS etc.) is not highlighted when selecting a
> certain section. If I'm in Participate the only way of me knowing
> that is looking at the breadcrumb below (W3C >> Participate) but the
> menu should be highlighted too because you are showing me that on
> mouseover anyway ;)

We considered (and implemented) and then dropped highlighting
of the top menu. We wondered whether anyone would ask for it; you
are the first!

Arguments for:

  * Every little bit of orientation information helps.

Arguments against:

  * Unnecessary since the breadcrumbs give you the same
    information (as you pointed out).

  * Slightly more visual noise at the top.

Let's see if others request it (or comment on it).

Thanks again,

  _ Ian