Re: [Moderator Action] I have a virus that referances your Internet Web Site, can you help?

On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 05:45 +0000, Leonard Cronk wrote:
> Sirs,
>
> After opening my browser a dialog box will popup and ask me to enter a
> domain and password.  I cancel and a "Boot.exe" file is created in my C:\
> directory, it window attempt to run it, unsuccessfully. It happens
> continouisly until I delete all internet temp files, cookies and the
> "boot.exe" file.  No further popups until next machine start up, then it
> begins again.
>
> I opened the file and found the following-

Hi Leonard,

Please see our FAQ entry on this topic:
  http://www.w3.org/Help/Webmaster.html#source

W3C is only listed as the creator of HTML, not of software that
uses HTML.

--
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447