Re: [Moderator Action] Transparent PNGs

Hello Markus,

Here is a reply from my colleague.

 _ Ian

----
Transparent PNG has been inconsistently supported by MS IE for
Windows, up to and including version 6. It was correctly implemented
by IE for Mac, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Konqueror, by assorted mobile
browsers from Openwave, Nokia, ACCESS, Opera; and by all mobile and
desktop SVG implementations.

Correct transparent PNG implementation was added to MS IE 7 beta 2, so
as IE 7 is now shipping and seeing deployment through the Windows
Update program, the final barrier to deployment has been removed.
-------------

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 07:19 +0000, Markus Sommer wrote:
> Hi
>
> while looking at your site I found out out, that you are not using
> transparent png graphics.
> Which brings me to the question if transparent pngs will ever be a
> fully supported standard?
>
> Thomas Kindt
> Project Manager (Web 2.0)
> 2eyebgr@gmail.com
>
> http://www.mp3net.de / http://www.dotactive.de
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447