Re: [Moderator Action] W3C site page fails W3C validation

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 12:47 +0000, Woods, Gordon (UK Warton) wrote:
> Please note that although you have the W3C validation logo displayed
> the http://www.w3.org/Consortium/activities fails W3C XHTML
> validation !
> Error Line 421, Column 59: there is no attribute "clear".
> specifications on a SMIL 2.1 W3C Recommendation. <br clear="none"/>

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the heads-up. The page now validates.

Here's the story: This page imports content from other parts of the
site, and we don't actively control what that content will be. I have
changed the DOCTYPE in the above file to be "transitional" rather
than "strict", which should give us some more latitude in what we
import.

Thank you,

 - Ian

> Gordon Woods
> INCOSE UK Chapter Communications Director
> gordon.woods@incose.org
> INCOSE UK Limited is registered in England under no. 3641046
>
> Registered address: 3 Trinity Road, Folkestone, CT20 2RQ

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447