Re: Finding W3C related namespaces and XML Schema

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 01:28 +0000, Johan De Smedt wrote:
> Dear,
>
> While developping, I regularly need namespace URI or XML Schema URL.
> Today I can not find these readily via the W3 web site.
> Therefore I use unsatisfactory methods to determine the above URI and
> URL using
> - vendor support
> - mailing list suggestions
> - search engines
>
> In order to determine if there is a more unambiguos way, I have the
> following questions:
> - Does W3C keep a register of namespaces defined by W3C
> recommendations

Not that I know of.

> - Does W3C keep a register of normative XML schema specifications
> defined by W3C recommendations

Again, not that I know of.

> - Does W3C define how its recommendation must register namspaces or
> schama locations

I do not believe we have any registration requirements beyond
definitions in the specifications themselves.

> - Will the W3C website index the W3C namespaves and XML schema's

I will forward your request to my colleagues for discussion.

Thank you for taking the time to write,

 _ Ian Jacobs

> Regards,
>
>      Johan De Smedt
> TenForce BVBA
> mobile +32 477 475934
> mail: j.de-smedt@computer.org

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447